Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Little Things That Did Not Work So Far

These are my fails from the past few months. Sometimes you just gotta know when to quit.


I had so much hope for this project. I had the idea to paint over the raised letters and remove them, so the white canvas would show. I also had the idea to use puff paint, hoping it would give a beveled look or the overcoat wouldn't stick, leaving it white. It did neither. 
Since I couldn't find flat alphabet stickers like the first link suggested, I used foam letter stickers I found at Michael's. They were very bright colors, so I decided to try them covered in white craft paint. You could see the colors bleeding through the white, so I carried on and painted it robin's egg blue, then a sage green over that. Not only did it get messy around the letters, the paint seeped below the stickers and built up around them, so when I removed them there wasn't a clean line. I tried to fill it in, which was a disaster. Then I remembered I had a chalkboard spray paint for another project and covered it with that, but to my dismay it peels off when I write on it with chalk. I have thrown in the towel on this project...but I did find the stickers I wanted at Hobby Lobby...and I still have another canvas...

Restoring this antique trunk hasn't even started yet. I got it about 7 months ago, and it smells musty still. I tried baking soda with no luck. I haven't given up on it yet, but I hope Pinterest will help. 

Jello Eggs never had a chance. I got the mold for a good deal thanks to Budget Savvy Diva but never got the hang of it. I read somewhere that spraying the mold with oil or butter spray would prevent this, but it didn't. I've got plenty of time for next year!


I made a pudding pie for my hubs, and tried to make a peanut butter whip for the middle of it. The pudding was stovetop, which was a long shot, and the combo of peanut butter and Cool Whip tasted great but melted INTO the pie even though it was cooled. I don't think I'll mess with stovetop until I get a double boiler. I don't know where this pin went.

I'm certain there are more in a bin somewhere, but I'll be adding new posts about my fails very soon. I've got a few things in the works...they can't all be winners!




No comments:

Post a Comment